Sunday 23 November 2014

Week 7 Start of the village project

This week was quite unique as I was introduced to a new project called The  Medieval Village Project.
The project includes three parts in which I will need to model a house, tree and a character following a given style. My end results will be imported to an existing village created by my tutors. 
It is also a group project which means that groups of 10 people would need to communicate and interact to create successful end results.
But before the project in my Visual design class I was exploring positive and negative space. I had to draw what surrounded the model instead of the model itself.

 photo DSCN4836_zps68e76464.jpg

In digital painting the tutor came up with a creative way to start the medieval project, by using parts of old houses and bashing them together. I felt quite like playing with lego parts and the photo bash allowed me to prepare myself for the silhouette making and to understand what materials and shapes I should use.

 photo Justhouses_zps24ce6bcd.jpg
I moved onto making silhouettes and gathered opinions of my classmates to know which silhouettes seemed most interesting to them.

 photo HouseSilhouettes_zps1085f436.jpg
After choosing the silhouettes that seemed right, I did paintovers to have an idea and come to a decision of which house would end up as a final concept.

 photo Paintovers_zps4a7d74c3.jpg
This was the result and these paintovers concluded my week. A very busy week awaits next and a week that will probably throw the biggest challenge in my life and test my patience.

1 comment: