Thursday 23 April 2015

Week 29 Phase 2 of the Zombie Toyota Pickup

The Easter holidays were over and it was time to get back to work for the last two weeks. This time I started the second phase of the Zombie Toyota Pickup, by creating ideas and concepts of the zombie killing machine version.
I have started with photobashing a couple of ideas together to have an idea of what a potential zombie truck would look like. I was interested in making less of a zombie killing truck, more like a safety escape truck that would protect anyone inside it and possibly help survivors.

Later on I took the quick bashed ideas and started developing the ones I thought looked interesting or somehow unique. In the image on the right you can see that I chose to develop 3 different ideas by adding or taking away parts. I chose car number 3 at first and then took away the parts I didn't like and added smaller bits from other zombified versions.

Having the idea sorted I moved onto bashing on
some more details to have an understanding of 
what the truck will look like from the back, front,
side and what will be going on in the tailgate.
In a way this was my reference image ready to 
start modelling on the simple Toyota Pickup.
I chose this idea as my final because it seemed most appealing to me. I also thought that the
car fit the brief because the front metal part serves as a weapon in a way, also it appealed to me because it had a lot of armour on it and looked a bit like anyone with the right tools could attach those parts to their truck at home.

I continued with searching for colour variations for the truck. There weren't many variations I could generate as the car had a lot of heavy metal on it. I tried to stick with realistic colours metal could have. I wasn't very satisfied with the variations as most of them didn't look very usable so I decided to test colours as I go onto modelling and see how the colours and values really look like rendering images in 3DS Max.
I did try to improve on my concepts by making them cleaner and more pleasing to the eye. I do think that the first bashes I have made look more improved, but the final idea sheet looks quite childish and lacking in detail. Also the colour iterations aren't very nice to look at as well. In the future I should put more effort and time into generating final concepts. The next steps to take will be to start modelling onto the Toyota.

No comments:

Post a Comment