Sunday 5 October 2014

Week 1- A start of a new learning adventure

 photo lake_zps9ff69626.png
One of my first thumbnails done on 29/09/2014. I started out with searching for interesting points to draw the bridges of the canal. The thumbnails were essential for the start of the final piece.
The first week on the Game Art course started out as I expected, my first day was surrounded by life drawing and learning about the basics of perspective. Little did I know that drawing the canal could be a challenge.


I focused on finding interesting points of the many beautiful bridges and moving forward with the sketches I came to the decision for my final piece. Scale in my opinion wasn't a priority, which is why I focused more on the detail and quality of the final piece. Drawing the thumbnails was quite new to me, but very enjoyable.

 photo DSCN4453_zps04dac8a3.jpg
I chose to draw this bridge and point of perspective to draw as my final piece because I felt like this was the most interesting place in the canal. What interested me the most was the lighting that day. The water under the bridge was completely dark and behind the bridge the buildings were strongly lit by the sun, which is why I only left light lines of the background as I felt that it was more important to focus on the first plan object. 04/10/2014


The other part of my first day was life drawing. I was pleasantly surprised! Because I once again got an opportunity to draw a human body.
 photo DSCN4459_zps9b6e6ba8.jpg  photo DSCN4456_zpse407caa3.jpg
The next day I stepped into the world of 3D. It felt like was in uncharted lands, as I never before touched three dimensional software before. The first hours were a struggle for me. I knew there was no easy way out of this, so I kept making the table and chair models over and over, until I became a bit more familiar with the 3ds Max. After hours of practising, trial and error I finally managed to make the Awesome Hammer model all by myself. It was then I felt that all this time of practise and learning was well spent. I was pleasantly surprised how much you could do with the 3D software, almost like real sculpting,  just I could easily go back if I made an error.

 photo tableandchairs2_zps461014ab.jpg
 It made me feel more confident, inspired me to work hard, develop skills further and l looked forward to what week two will have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment