Wednesday 29 October 2014

Week 4 Start of new projects

As week 3 concluded the bootcamp, I started week 4 fresh and new with learning about values of 5 and 10 tones. My visual design task for the week was to investigate lighting and values using different pencils or just one when drawing and rendering thumbnails.
 photo DSCN4681_zps0cb5d3ba.jpg
 photo DSCN4678_zps3b209cd8.jpg  photo DSCN4679_zpsa7374dd3.jpg
It was quite interesting and enjoyable to make small thumbnails with different shades of grey, but I really need to push myself and widen my range of values. I tend to limit myself just to a few.
 photo DSCN4682_zps46c49ae3.jpg 
 I also drew figures of my classmates for life drawing class.
Capturing the figures was quite easy, but I would end up with small feet, another thing I have to take note of and improve.
 photo DSCN4683_zpsbdb5e036.jpg

In game production I got my very first brief for a project. It was called the Sci-Fi Crate and I had to create a crate that looked as close to the given concept as possible.
The development started with making a mood board in which I have placed a series of pictures showing the object, style, mood and colour before actually making the crate.
Then in the 3ds Max after setting up the reference planes, my job was to follow the lines and make my object.
The crate project required me to use tools and tricks I've learned previously from week 1 to now in order to create my object. As the 3D model was done I had to unwrap it efficiently and texture it using photos and images to create a photo realistic effect. And so finally at the end I had my crate finished.
 photo CrateTextureGabrieleBondarea512x512p_zps8966734d.jpg  photo ScreenshotofCrate1GabrieleBondareva_zps250f5ff1.jpg 

 photo WireframeCrateView1GabrieleBondareva_zpsf8482867.jpg 
It was a difficult challenge and a good learning experience which will help me improve when working on other upcoming projects.

1 comment: