Sunday 22 February 2015

Week 20 Modelling

As I concluded the research and decision making on which milkmaid design I would choose to model, the working process continued with setting up reference planes. It was important to keep everything to scale so the body mannequin would line up chin to Chin, waist to waist and etc... This was important to do at the start of the modelling process, to avoid messing up proportions and later having to do major time consuming fixes. 
Creating the body I used strip modelling technique. I found that it was easier for me than box modelling. I also think making the body was the easy part, because when I moved onto extruding the clothes and accessory bits I've
encountered some difficulty with areas like popping out parts of the shirt, or the bottom of the skirt. At the end I've modelled the hands with all the fingers stuck together, except for the thumb, because my milkmaid will hold two buckets in her hands.

The week also had a critical studies session on feedback. I had to mark the work of my classmates, while one of them marked mine. The work was from the character project and of course it was very important to use the feedback to improve my work. I applied most of the feedback onto my character. The feedback wasn't only on the characters, but also on how to improve my blogs. I have not described challenges and difficulties in my recent posts. For this reason I am trying to make an effort to improve on my descriptive and analytical writing.

 
Visual studies continued the practise of foreshortening. This time I had a more difficult angle. I chose to  fit all three poses on one sheet to it would be easier to compare. I do still find it hard to draw a person while sitting at an odd angle, the legs always seem a little out of place. Aside that, I do think I have improved slightly with the help of a morning lecture on drawing limbs using loops on them. It allowed me to visualise where hidden parts might be positioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment