Sunday 22 February 2015

Week 21 Unwrapping and texturing

Time was already running short, as only two weeks were left for me to conclude the project. I started unwrapping the milkmaid model, it took a long while to finish it. I do have to say that so far unwrapping a character has been the most time consuming phase of the work process. I found that the first difficult part was the face. I attempted to only unwrap one side of the face to have time when texturing


, but as I was unable to do so I just unwrapped the whole full face. It was important to allow the face to take up at least 25% of the texture map, to achieve a detailed face at the end.
My troubles didn't end there, after fiddling with the other parts of the character the unwrap was done. Of course it wasn't as easy as that, as I started texturing the model some of the more detailed bits of the clothing was too low in quality when applied to the model.
So after spending more time on trying to fix things, I have decided to create a bucked and then take the risk and use part of the unique object texture map to achieve higher quality. And I think the textures did start to look a lot better.

Life drawing once again continued the practise of foreshortening. This time it wasn't with the usual models, but with classmates. We started with warm ups, then moved onto drawing longer poses of ten to twenty minutes. I did find that it was much easier to draw with the practise of last two weeks.
My ongoing challenge is to keep more tonal values in my drawings, so that in these sketches this was my biggest challenge.

The critical studies also continued with last weeks theme. But it was different because we discussed what is to receive feedback. It was informative and I did learn a lot and things I did not consider before relating to feedback.
Feedback is many things that ranges from receiving constructive criticism, learning on how to improve my work, things that work and things that don't, receiving a grade and so many other things related to the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment